CHIA Training Prior to HDC
We are pleased to invite you to a CHIA (Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics) training session on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 8th and 9th at STR’s Corporate Headquarters, located 25 miles north of Nashville, TN. Event details are below.
Please note: The CHIA Training is an STR event and has a separate registration process.
Date & Time
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CDT (classroom will open by 8:30 a.m.)
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. CDT (classroom will open by 8:30 a.m.)
- STR Corporate Headquarters, 735 East Main Street, Hendersonville, TN 37075
- Dress Code: Business Casual
Registration & Fees
- Industry professionals: $595 (includes certification fee) For AHLA members, a discounted price of $545 is available. AHLA members can register via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professors and Instructors: The workshop is free for faculty of SHARE Center member schools. Non-members must submit an enrollment form to receive a complimentary trial membership. Professors and instructors can register by emailing email@example.com.
- Students: $75 (includes certification fee) Prior arrangements must be made with a qualified faculty member at your school to proctor the exam following the workshop. Students can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Materials & Exam
All materials and a workshop agenda will be sent to attendees in advance. Please bring these materials to the session, either via laptop or hard copy. Training will be presented in English. After training, you may take the online CHIA exam. Upon successful completion (score of 70% or higher), you will receive a certificate and may use the CHIA designation—an industry-recognized seal of approval—on your business cards and resumes/CVs. This session also teaches instructors how to present CHIA training. A more detailed content outline is available. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Jointly offered by STR, AHLEI and ICHRIE—and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality—the CHIA has been awarded to more than 7,000 students, professors and industry professionals around the globe.
The CHIA curriculum and designation certify:
- A working knowledge of industry metrics, definitions, formulas and methodologies
- Proficiency in analyzing hotel industry data
- Proven ability to “do the math” and interpret the results
- Comprehensive understanding of benchmarking and performance reports
During training, we will review these CHIA content areas:
- Hotel Industry Analytical Foundations
- Hotel Math Fundamentals (the metrics used by the hotel industry)
- Property Level Benchmarking
- Hotel Industry Performance Reports
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The CHIA is groundbreaking certification that combines pertinent industry information from two leading industry organizations—STR and the Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA). This certification is relevant, topical and something that all hoteliers should obtain to increase their knowledge, skill set and proficiency in utilizing the STAR Report. Review the course materials and see the untapped opportunities and resources available to maximize your revenue generation and profit.”
Michael E. Nalley, MAOM, CHA, CHE, CHT - Director, Education, Training & Guest Feedback
Best Western International